[ExI] Ray Kurzweil explains how AI makes radical life extension possible

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Fri Jun 28 10:38:36 UTC 2024

On Fri, 28 Jun 2024, BillK via extropy-chat wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jun 2024 at 08:13, efc--- via extropy-chat
>>> But the hallucinations as I understand it, are due to the method used
>> (LLM:s). Use a different method, and hallucination might disappear. But as
>> long as you use the method where they result spontaneously it does seem a
>> bit suboptimal to me to try and "fix" it afterwards.
>

> Yes. I have been chatting to a couple of AIs about how to solve the
> hallucination problem.
> From their replies, I realised that I was really asking them how to
> create a better AI.
> They were describing AI improvements that would mean creating the next
> generation of AIs.
> So AI is a work in progress and the next version will be better!  :)

Yes, I agree. We might have another AI winter where current progress will
benefit a few years of quiet research that will yield the next
breakthrough. It seems as if after every AI winter, we solve more and more
problems.

Perhaps "the" AI will be a coordinating function that successfully
integrates several techniques that we already have?