[ExI] [Extropolis] trump

sjatkins sjatkins at protonmail.com
Thu Mar 7 01:36:33 UTC 2024

Well wait a second.  We here are supposed to be Extropians.   Therefore we believe in radical supply side - that is in the creation of Radical Abundance.   So what is this scarcity minded stuff that seems to be creeping in?    Isn't anti-aging and machine-phase nanotech and AI and automation a formula for such abundance in theory that all the needs of Everyone can be met with a trivial fraction of productive capacity?

Besides, the real reason we are in this bind isn't demographics and such but a completely run-away FED that has totally bought the notion that by mass manipulation of interest rates, mass buying of Treasuries and easy money for fast speculation carry trade that somehow Wall Street riches will convince everyone they are wealthy and more will be produced.  In short pure Economic Fascism of monetarist sort.    Capitalism in the sense of free markets?  Not remotely what we have had in decades in the US.