[ExI] [Extropolis] trump

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Mar 9 04:20:05 UTC 2024

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of sjatkins via extropy-chat
Sent: Wednesday, 6 March, 2024 5:37 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: sjatkins <sjatkins at protonmail.com>; extropolis at googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [ExI] [Extropolis] trump

Well wait a second.  We here are supposed to be Extropians.   Therefore we believe in radical supply side - that is in the creation of Radical Abundance.   So what is this scarcity minded stuff that seems to be creeping in?    Isn't anti-aging and machine-phase nanotech and AI and automation a formula for such abundance in theory that all the needs of Everyone can be met with a trivial fraction of productive capacity?...

Samantha, you and I were both much younger when we got involved in ExI three decades ago.  Since then I have realized that our notions of nanotech abundance are likely correct, but not until we figure out how to harness nanotech to create actual, literal abundance.

Until that happens, you and I are still wealth limited and severely time limited beings.  I will cheerfully cast off these limitations at the first opportunity.  But until then, I am forced to accept the limitations and work within them.