[ExI] Mind Upload problems

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 16:25:09 UTC 2024

Maybe you could create a perfect mind, but with no memories or
personality.  Those would come from the upload.

Suppose we consider the fundamental attributional error:  assuming that
some behavior of the other person reflects their basic personality, whereas
it was only a situational thing.  OK, so program against that.  But how
much better and longer do you have to observe a person before you can
accept that such behavior is rather fixed and permanent?  There is no
perfect solution to this.  And sometimes biases, such as self-confidence
being too high, can actually lead to winning performances.  And some
depressed people see the world more clearly than the rest of us (a finding
that shocked me when I saw it years ago.) I can see a lot of dithering
about such as this.  bill w

On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 9:14 AM BillK via extropy-chat <