[ExI] Mind Upload problems

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 20:43:00 UTC 2024

On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 7:14 AM BillK via extropy-chat

snip

> As you say, it would be very dangerous to upload humans with
> personality problems into super-speed computers.

One route that used to be discussed to AI was to base the AI on a
human brain.  I argued that this was a very bad ides because humans
have evolved psychological traits (for war) that would be a disaster
in a powerful AI.

My argument (over ten years ago) might have had influence, in any case
this route to an AI is not much discussed now.

> I think there would
> have to be some correction system in the process. Either during the
> upload or in the virtual world, where more advanced intelligences know
> how to remove errors in uploaded human personalities.

This is something that requires great caution.  Minsky had much to say about it.

Keith