[ExI] after upload, what?

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 19:04:47 UTC 2024

This thread is putting an awful lot of cart before the horse.

An upload would not necessarily have any more control over their
environment or neurological architecture than you do now, unless whoever
coded their runtime environment went to enormous effort to make that
available to them.

Who wrote your runtime environment to give you this control? How did you
know to trust them? And do you know they'll stay trustworthy?

If you're an upload, anybody with physical access to your hardware is your
God now, with as much control over you as a hypothetical God has over you
right now.

On Thu, Mar 21, 2024, 12:41 PM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <