[ExI] to hold or not to hold

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Mar 26 01:13:40 UTC 2024

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
…

Does anyone here know if moving to Florida is a viable option for Wall Street stock and securities trading?  …

>…You will not be engaging in the kind of trading where this matters.  If you were, you would be thinking in microseconds, not milliseconds, and you would be concerned about where your data center is, not where you are.  Given your wording, it seems highly unlikely that you plan to build a completely automated data center in Florida, but instead that you are thinking this real estate is where people would be, potentially including traders who act at merely human speeds and do not notice lag of a few microseconds.  So, this factor is irrelevant to your decision. Adrian

Ja, Adran I keep thinking that the West Palm Beach area is importing skerjillionaires, which means they will build nice stuff down there, which means money will start filling up this way, toward the space coast, which means that property is probably a good bet to hold.  I was down there recently and couldn’t help but notice that town is in a looooot nicer condition now than it was when I was there 9 years ago.

While I was there, Musk blasted two of his creations into the sky, both at night, which was kewallll.  I can imagine starry-eyed young rocket scientists from India wanting to get involved in that, and leasing that property.  Then if California gets too commie for me to tolerate, off we go to the delightful weirdness of the Sunshine State.