[ExI] Sex Robots with AI soon available

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sat May 4 20:12:33 UTC 2024

On Sat, May 4, 2024 at 12:31 PM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> ...> On Behalf Of Keith Henson via extropy-chat
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Sex Robots with AI soon available
>
> >...With the human race extinct, the Stross characters are sex bots.
>
> >...Frustrated sex bots of course.
>
> >...But they carry on.
>
> Keith
>
> Keith in the scenario where sexbots get really good, better than humans, humanity doesn't go extinct.  First the people who can afford sexbots go extinct.  Then perhaps their sexbots become plentiful and inexpensive because of excess supply, so the middle classes go extinct.  Then perhaps they take out even the lower classes.

This is the extropian list, remember?  If you figure nanotech into the
mix, the cost of sexbots falls to zero.

  But... humanity still doesn't go extinct, because there are those
who eschew such diversions for religious reasons and eschew all modern
technology in general.

Some technology reaches virtually the whole population.  Consider the
penetration of cell phones, I think even the Amish use them.

 They go right on breeding offspring in the traditional manner.  The
Amish shall inherit the earth?

Possibly, but I am not about to make hard and fast predictions.

Rather than going extinct, most people might become effectively immortal.

Keith