[ExI] It's not just sexbots - all jobs will be done by robots

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon May 6 20:01:42 UTC 2024

 This time, we are the horses: the disruption of labor by humanoid robots

<
https://www.rethinkx.com/blog/rethinkx/the-disruption-of-labour-by-humanoid-robots

Quotes:
In the fifteen years between 1907 and 1922, horses went from providing 95%
of all private vehicle-miles traveled on American roads, to less than 20%.
Now, we are on the cusp of a new disruption: physical labor performed by
humanoid-form robots. Except this time, *we* are the horses.

Over the next 15-20 years, humanoid robots will disrupt human labor
throughout hundreds of industries across every major sector of the global
economy. The disruption of labor will be among the most profound
transformations in human history, and therefore simultaneously represents
one of the greatest opportunities and greatest challenges our civilization
has ever faced.