[ExI] New Design of interstellar warp drive

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri May 31 22:11:56 UTC 2024

A Groundbreaking Scientific Discovery Just Gave Humanity the Keys to
Interstellar Travel.
In a first, this warp drive actually obeys the laws of physics.
By Manasee Wagh    Published: May 29, 2024

<https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/a60941082/light-speed-warp-drive-breakthrough/>

The Alcubierre drive has a glaring problem: the force behind its
operation, called “negative energy,” involves exotic
particles—hypothetical matter that, as far as we know, doesn’t exist
in our universe. And faster-than-light travel is impossible.

But a new proposal allows for up-to-light-speed warp drive. So, still
impossible at present, but researchers are hopeful.  :)

Interesting article!

BillK