[ExI] fried liver, was: RE: louisiana teachers get big bonuses

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Sep 21 00:24:09 UTC 2026


 

 

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com> 



>…Good chance plenty of us here were force fed liver, fried of course, with our mothers certain it was healthy food (lots of iron (and other toxins that organ removed from the cow (but we were lucky (it didn’t become nutritional traditional to feed the children bovine penis.)))) spike

 

 

On my recent trip to Kentucky and West Virginia, I met a cousin of my father who is 90.  She invited me into her house, whereupon I caught a whiff of fond memories.  For reasons I have never understood, the sense of smell is hard wired directly to our memory module.  Dogs are that way too: if one is kind to a puppy, then never see him for 15 years, he becomes an old dog.  He can sniff you once and you are his big buddy once again.  

 

I went into my cousin’s house and caught a whiff of an old delicacy: fried green tomatoes.  Those were sometimes served at breakfast as a special treat, not every day, for they are messy: dip tomato slices in corn bread batter, salt and pepper, fry in bacon grease, oh so good:

 

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/89770/kentucky-style-fried-green-tomatoes/

 

Kentucky style demands pepper.  I do implore anyone here who is a virgin and has never had fried green tomatoes, never mind getting laid (put your wallet away) find a good southern cook, do not risk dying without having had the experience of Kentucky fried green tomatoes.  So good.  One never forgets the marvelous aroma of fried green tomatoes.

 

spike

 

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.extropy.org/pipermail/extropy-chat/attachments/20260920/047e83e1/attachment.htm>


More information about the extropy-chat mailing list