[ExI] How new AI economics might change our systems

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 12:54:28 UTC 2026


On Tue, Sep 22, 2026 at 4:23 AM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <
extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

* > The global population is not falling, the rate of growth is. The
> population of some countries is falling, though, and in some of those, it's
> not due to warfare, it's due to reproductive choices made because of
> increased standards of living.*


*The populations of China, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan are all declining,
interestingly they are all key players in the AI race. I'm not sure if
there's a connection. *

*I remember that in the very early 1970s I read a book called "The
Population Bomb" by Paul Ehrlich, but nearly all its predictions turned out
to be wrong; for example it predicted that India in the United Kingdom
would not survive past the year 2000 because of overcrowding, and "The
battle to feed all of humanity is over. In the 1970s hundreds of millions
of people will starve to death in spite of any crash programs embarked upon
now." I think **Ehrlich's fundamental problem was that he didn't take into
consideration technological improvement. *


* John K Clark*



>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.extropy.org/pipermail/extropy-chat/attachments/20260922/027d8dc4/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the extropy-chat mailing list