[ExI] How new AI economics might change our systems
spike at rainier66.com
spike at rainier66.com
Wed Sep 23 13:16:49 UTC 2026
-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Ben
Zaiboc via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] How new AI economics might change our systems
On Wednesday, 23 September 2026 at 00:30, spike at rainier66.com
<spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
>
>>... I never would have predicted that China would suddenly stop
> overgrowing its limits. It's as if reproduction suddenly and
> inexplicably went out of style. It is happening here too. We just don't
recognize it yet.
>...Murmurations of starlings are things I've been witnessing since I was a
hatchling (until recently. Are they going extinct or something?), but I
don't get your analogy. If humans were anywhere near as well-co-ordinated,
half our problems wouldn't even exist.
---
Ben
_______________________________________________
Starlings aren't coordinated in the way we think of the word. They don't
have a leader or anyone deciding what to do, but they all seem to
simultaneously decide to do the same thing. We tend to view the flock as
one huge entity or object which should have momentum, but it can wheel and
turn as a single bird. Some species of fish do that too, a clear example of
parallel evolution of a survival technique.
To your point, I agree. Half our problems might go away with advanced AI.
Or AI might cause new problems, along with offering acceptable solutions to
the new problems. Sure it is the optimistic view, but optimistic bets win
sometimes as well.
spike
More information about the extropy-chat
mailing list