[ExI] Recursive self improvement and GPT-7

Jason Resch jasonresch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 14:57:37 UTC 2026


On Wed, Sep 23, 2026, 4:09 AM Russell Standish via extropy-chat <
extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

>
>
> My scepticism to your claim that tech has improved hyperbolically is
> that the data points smack of cherry picking.
>

Sorry I misread this. If you are referring to the events of computing
history yes those are cherry picked by me, this slide was meant to
illustrate what hyperbolic functions are like: the time between major
events keeps shrinking. I don't have any of the conclusions of the paper on
this slide, the graphs and models that point to 2027 are from other
researchers.

I think if you search for, find, and watch my presentation it would clarify
a lot.

Jason

>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.extropy.org/pipermail/extropy-chat/attachments/20260923/29f93cd4/attachment.htm>


More information about the extropy-chat mailing list