[ExI] Was I Right?
Adrian Tymes
atymes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 19:23:06 UTC 2026
On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 12:21 PM Stefano Ticozzi via extropy-chat
<extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
> I realize this is far from an objective metric, but I would simply rely on the judgment of the members of this mailing list: by Sunday, January 3, 2027, anyone who wishes to do so can express their views on whether the year 2026 was "normal" or not, using the year 2025—which is considered normal—as a benchmark.
At the end of 2026, the most likely scenario will be that 2026, as
measured from any one specific time zone, will have consisted of
31,536,000 seconds, just like 2025 and the majority of (but by no
means all) years over the past century. By that metric, it will have
been a normal year.
Odds favor the same for 2027, though not for 2028.
More information about the extropy-chat
mailing list