[Paleopsych] death penalty?

Steve shovland at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 21 15:46:34 UTC 2004

Perhaps if we legalized coca leaf?

From:	Werbos, Dr. Paul J. [SMTP:paul.werbos at verizon.net]
Sent:	Saturday, August 21, 2004 6:29 AM
To:	The new improved paleopsych list; paleopsych at paleopsych.org
Subject:	Re: [Paleopsych] death penalty?

At 06:18 PM 8/20/2004 -0700, Michael Christopher wrote:

> >>But folks who have second violations of selling
>the stuff to people outside that system (after the
>clinics are established) should have the death
>penalty.<<
>
>-How about the death penalty for people who sell
>alcohol, a deadly drug? Or is there some double
>standard in how we judge the impact of drugs on
>society?

Of course I know that what I proposed would be unacceptable to those
who prefer an all black or all white
(i.e. all conservative or all liberal) solution, or even to those
who want a nice grey fuzz. But the world cocaine system is
a real threat to human survival...
an animal with many similarities to Al Quieda, and just as big.
We need to take it seriously.

The person who first puts cocaine into the body of a child
is not much better than those who captured children into slavery in past
centuries.