[Paleopsych] Whom to vote for - Eldredge Cleaver

Lynn D. Johnson, Ph.D. ljohnson at solution-consulting.com
Fri Aug 27 01:29:40 UTC 2004

(Off topic? Probably, but leadership is a paleopsych type of issue . . . )

Steve, you are showing some real humor there. Do I want to be shot or
hanged? (shot, of course, it is the Manly way to go). Stand by for a
surprise:

Bush: empathic, tremendously liked by those who actually know him (I
have spoken with several people who know him personally, including a
secret service agent, apolitical, but he liked the Bushes very much and
was repulsed by the Clintons) but completely lacking in any vision (Bush
family = vision disabled). We must have a vision. I know that the man is
emotionally intelligent, but politically he is all over the map, doing
very liberal things, nominating conservative judges, running up
deficits, calling for free trade and protecting steel .  . . it is
crazy. He is apparently smart (drove a fighter jet, and didn't kill
himself) but I can't figure him out. What does he stand for? I am most
unhappy.

Kerry: Reptile. Very cold man. There is a reason that about 200 of his
former brothers in arms think he is unfit for leadership. I was in the
national guard 1963 - 1970, special forces medic, and I despise the man.
There is nothing that could ever redeem him in my eyes. His 'service'
since? Nothing. No legislation to speak of, voting to cripple the
military and intelligence services.  I am convinced he is a blow-hard, a
stuffed shirt who cooked his war record. What were the Demos thinking?
When he fell down  snowboarding and blamed it on his secret service
detachment, that was the final straw.

Steve, when Nixon ran, I wrote in Eldredge Cleaver. Twice. I may again.
I know, the guy is dead, but wouldn't that reduce the damage he would
do? Or maybe I will write in my brother, the professor of Chemical
Engineering, and hope he can engineer some great alternatives to fossil
fuels. The whole election turns my stomach.

Seriously, I am frightened for my country. These jokers are the best we
can do? My brother wanted me to vote Kerry, but I can't and he doesn't
want to. He said, "I listen to tapes of Churchill's speeches on the way
to work. The man was prophetic, visionary. Where are those leaders today?"

I wish I knew.
Best,
Lynn