[Paleopsych] the welfare state

Lynn D. Johnson, Ph.D. ljohnson at solution-consulting.com
Tue Dec 7 04:17:49 UTC 2004

Agreed, excellent point, although the Bush plan still offers a number of
advantages, mostly that when you take the money away from politicians
and invest it:
    1. The economy is helped by greater capital being available for
growth, and
    2. The politicans can't spend it like they did the falsely-named
social security trust fund. All that money is gone, spent, and nothing
buy IOUs left. Pork like Japan's pork that has bankrupted that
government, nothing to show for it.
    3. The money really does belong to the person who earned it, not to
government bureaucrats.

The reason welfare states don't work is precisely because Steve's
logical idea, sound in principle and practice, is not being adopted.
Policy based on pressure groups, not on principle. The failure to adopt
makes me more libertarian in outlook, distrusting government because of
the lack of accountability.

"government doesn't solve problems, it subsidizes them."
    R. R.

Lynn