[Paleopsych] inner judges calmed by fishes

Lynn D. Johnson, Ph.D. ljohnson at solution-consulting.com
Fri Dec 17 04:31:56 UTC 2004

The ALA in flaxseed will convert to EPA in the body. I am told by
physiologists that not much converts (ca. 10%), but I have seen some
good results with flaxseed oil in depressed patients. I grind flax seed
in a coffee grinder in the AM and sprinkle it over my raw oatmeal, soak
in milk and eat. I do that to reduce my blood pressure (family history
is positive) and it seems to work very well. I am now low on bp and low
in cholesteral.

I have one woman with a long history of rapid-cycle bipolar who is
stable on fish oil alone, and in the face of severe environmental
stressors which in the past triggered depressive cycles. So I am quite
impressed with the fish oil.