[Paleopsych] Re: Hawking surprises GR 17

Joel Isaacson isaacsonj at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 16 11:15:06 UTC 2004

>From: HowlBloom at aol.com
>To: isaacsonj at hotmail.com
>CC: paleopsych at paleopsych.org
>Subject: Re: Hawking surprises GR 17
>Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 00:43:22 EDT
>
>All thanks, Joel.  I seized on this one, too.
>
>The insight--that black holes DO allow information to escape, seemed
>intuitively obvious, perhaps because in big bang theory this entire cosmos
>leaked into
>existence from the equivalent of a black hole--a singularity.
>
>If I understand what Hawking's getting at, and there's a chance that I may
>not, his notion gives credence to one of my bizarre speculations--that
>whatever
>information this cosmos gathers in its lifetime, it will be able to pass on
>the universe on the other side of the big crunch in which the cosmos will
>end.

Intuitively, it is more satisfying -- I agree -- to hold that information is
never
totally destroyed...  rather, that information may be diluted and condensed
at various stages...  perhaps a "black hole" effects an extreme condensation
stage...
Trouble is that many-many things in cosmological physics are
counter-intuitive..
The actual Hawking talk will be delivered Wed. the 21st, so we should then
have
more clarification...     -- Joel