[Paleopsych] Re: Hawking surprises GR 17

Werbos, Dr. Paul J. paul.werbos at verizon.net
Fri Jul 16 12:07:24 UTC 2004

My personal view --

The world is learning a lot here about the internal logic of a nice imaginary
mathematical world.

This is not the first piece of big news. (Forgive me for feeling an analogy
to the big news the TV also reports about
Brittany Spears, who is also good about such things.)

The second edition of the short history of time repudiated the most
interesting insights of the first.
Huw Price (whose stuff is worth googling) was clearly very disappointed,
and I agree with his assessment.
The best stuff received slight frowns from the establishment and the vested
interests, and the eagerness
with which Hawking accommodated illogic... well, it reminds me of
discussions I have had with my wife about
George Tenet.

Back to the trenches...

Best,

    Paul