[Paleopsych] Re: Hawking surprises GR 17

Scott Turner jsturner at mailbox.syr.edu
Fri Jul 16 13:06:45 UTC 2004

(1) what is the nature of the organism (is it a thing or process? where does
it end and the environment begin?)
and a subsidiary question that follows from it:
(2) what is the nature of the evolutionary process? Is it genetic (i.e.
neoatomist), or is it physiological (goal-directed).
I will offer a shameless plug for a book that addresses both:
The Extended Organism. The Physiology of Animal-Built Structures.
Scott Turner
Associate Professor Env & Forest Biol
SUNY College of Env Sci & Forestry
Syracuse, NY 13210