[Paleopsych] pressing buttons

Michael Christopher anonymous_animus at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 20:02:19 UTC 2004

>>Whether we like it or not, we need to recognize the
Republicans are very good at pressing the buttons of
the masses, and the Democrats don't seem to know that
there are buttons.<<

--I think there needs to be some way to teach the
public about media psychology, so that no political
entity can get away with blatant manipulation. The
current political paradigm is to get someone onto whom
the public can project a feel-good image, and that
person may be clueless or disconnected from the
process which elevates him to office. As long as he
seems "comfortable in his skin" the process behind the
candidate can remain veiled. And mistrust of the
system is channeled into greater mistrust of the
opponent, making use of the contrast principle to cast
a glow of integrity on a candidate who might not be
able to stand on results alone.

This documentary is good:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/persuaders/view/