[Paleopsych] Iraq

Michael Christopher anonymous_animus at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 18:48:19 UTC 2004

>>I think that what Kerry cannot say, even though
it's true, is that we have lost, just as we did in
Vietnam.<<

--It won't really help to say "we lost, sorry" and
leave Iraq to deal with its own problems. In a vacuum,
a fundamentalist, anti-American regime is almost sure
to rule, with civil war and terrorism making life hell
for Iraqis. There isn't much choice but to bring the
world to agreement on a plan and implement it, with
the US pulling out troops as an alternate force is
brought in to stabilize the cities. The US should
focus on precision strikes against terrorists, since
its credibility is near zero when it comes to policing
Arab neighborhoods.

Whatever the best possible outcome, the US can't just
pull out and let Iraqis deal with it, because they
don't have the ability to prevent civil war on their
own.