[Paleopsych] the prison of left vs. right

Steve Hovland shovland at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 11 20:16:11 UTC 2004

I think the most persistent polarization is that between
the few and the many, the aristocrats and the commoners,
the elite and the rest of us.  Often the left-right mirrors
the upper-lower, but at the moment in the US the major
parties are both elite parties.

This would also be true in India, where the upper castes
are descended from people who conquered India and
placed the natives into the lower castes.