[Paleopsych] fuzzy vs. linear

Michael Christopher anonymous_animus at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 31 19:15:46 UTC 2004

>>The only model I've had and the only one which seems
to exist for putting out ideas is male-based
and all about certitude and strength.....in a word:
fuzzless.<<

--And yet, in order to be anywhere near the cutting
edge in many fields, you have to have some
recognition, if not comprehension, of "fuzzy"
processes. And if you want to do anything NEW,
intuition is essential. Linear brains can always
position themselves as teachers, as carriers of a
tradition or as apologists for the ideas of others.
But without an imagination that can leapfrog
linearity, you're stuck repeating what has already
been said and thought. The linear brain is for nailing
down what has already been covered. It's not so good
at figuring out what's coming next, in a world
dominated by nonlinearity and feedback.