[Paleopsych] Chinese Eugenics
checker at panix.com
Sat Apr 2 15:53:52 UTC 2005
Today's theme is Chinese Eugenics. Several articles will follow, some of
them alarming, others offensive. But the threat or promise of Chinese
eugenics could well be the biggest transhumanist development in the next
generation. Questions to ponder?
1. Are the Chinese creating a master race?
2. Will Chinese eugenics trigger off a eugenics arms race?
3. Will these arms races be directed by central governments?
4. Since it will take a generation for eugenics to have an effect, is
there any government that can plan ahead that long? Autarchies are
prone to being overthrown and politicians in democracies face the
electorate several times a generation. Both of these militate against
5. Will autarchies select for conformity toward national objectives or
will they realize that what is required for national goals to be achieved
is a population that is creative, cantankerous, rebellious, as well as
intelligent? These prospective populations put existing governments at
a severe risk.
6. Will parents in nations that allow for individual eugenic choice risk
having children that will be pointlessly rebellious for the sake of a very
few that will be recognized as true pioneers only by posterity? How thick
is the line between genius and madness?
7. How will a Chinese-dominated world differ from the world we know?
8. How far will one nation have to get ahead to dominate the world?
9. How can the world be made safe for pluralism?
10. Are these prospects so wicked that a preventive nuclear war be
launched against RED China, as some neocons seem to wish?
More information about the paleopsych