[Paleopsych] Re: From Eshel--A Glitch in Genetic-centrism

Steve Hovland shovland at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 4 02:56:20 UTC 2005

I'm not necessarily thinking of an external agent.

Where would "external" be in this case?

I'm more thinking of deeper inside, possibly
pervasive forces.

In The Anti-Aging Solution the authors
mention that gene repair is done by 3 sets
of enzymes- one that recognizes the type of
damage, another that cuts out the damaged
part, and a 3rd that makes the correct
replacement part.  They also mention that
genes are normally coiled around a histone
protein which might be a "bus" that communicates
along the gene.