[Paleopsych] articles

Premise Checker checker at panix.com
Sat Apr 23 19:27:28 UTC 2005

I don't understand how it would be easier for you to just an opening
paragraph and a link instead of the entire article. Most e-mail software
downloads the entire message before you open it, and the cost of storage
on a hard disk is trivial, now on the order of 40 cents per Gigabyte.

Even so, you are asking me to do a lot of extra work, and those that would
just as soon have the whole article will have to click on the link and
wait for the article to appear on their browser. This can take 30 seconds
or so, depending on how clogged one's machine is and on how clogged the
Internet is. Besides, many articles expire after a week, and you have to
pay to get them. If you do view the article and want to keep it, you'll
have to save it to a special folder. Unless you type in the subject line
of the article as the file name, you'll have problems finding it again.
All this takes a great deal of time. As it is now, I can just search my
Paleopsych folder for a string somewhere in the subject line.

So I think what you are asking me to do creates difficulties for me and
for the others, and I cannot see how it would help you.

I await input from others.

Frank

On 2005-04-22, Michael Christopher opined [message unchanged below]: