[Paleopsych] email issues

Euterpel66 at aol.com Euterpel66 at aol.com
Sun Apr 24 18:45:40 UTC 2005

It amazes me that Frank has so much time to find all those articles which  he
sends. Some of them I would never have seen as their sources are not
available or sometimes not even known to me, so I think it's a good thing he  does.
On the other hand it is a voluminous amount of mail to sort through. It's  a
very simple fix for those who find it too much. Read the subject line and  if
you're not interested, hit the little delete button.

Lorraine  Rice

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
---Andre Gide

http://hometown.aol.com/euterpel66/myhomepage/poetry.html

In a message dated 4/24/2005 2:14:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
anonymous_animus at yahoo.com writes:

Frank  says:
>>I don't go the digest route, since I find it always
more  time consuming.<<

--The problem with individual emails is that I  get
around 30 emails a day, and with 10 or more articles
individually  posted, that means a huge email load for
me. It's not a bandwidth problem,  it's that I have to
have time for an actual life apart from doing  email.

Of course, if an article is from a site that requires
a paid  subscription, it makes sense to post the entire
article. But it's a lot  easier if something is online
to read it on the original site, since email  format
(line breaks are all over the place) makes it
difficult to read  long posts.

It's also nice for discussion to happen  alongside
cut-and-paste postings. There are thousands of email
forums  where all people do is post articles, and
there's no actual social contact  going on, no real
thinking and discussion. It's not as bad when  the
articles are scientific rather than political, but it
still makes  for a much less interesting time.