[Paleopsych] email issues

Michael Christopher anonymous_animus at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 24 18:10:29 UTC 2005

Frank says:
>>I don't go the digest route, since I find it always
more time consuming.<<

--The problem with individual emails is that I get
around 30 emails a day, and with 10 or more articles
individually posted, that means a huge email load for
me. It's not a bandwidth problem, it's that I have to
have time for an actual life apart from doing email.

Of course, if an article is from a site that requires
a paid subscription, it makes sense to post the entire
article. But it's a lot easier if something is online
to read it on the original site, since email format
(line breaks are all over the place) makes it
difficult to read long posts.

It's also nice for discussion to happen alongside
cut-and-paste postings. There are thousands of email
forums where all people do is post articles, and
there's no actual social contact going on, no real
thinking and discussion. It's not as bad when the
articles are scientific rather than political, but it
still makes for a much less interesting time.