[Paleopsych] Science confirms Akashic Record (Ervin Laslow)

Steve Hovland shovland at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 17 15:33:26 UTC 2005

http://www.physlink.com/Education/essay_laszlo.cfm
The concept of mind

In the on going co-evolution of matter with the vacuum's zero-point field,
life emerges out of nonlife, and mind and consciousness emerge out of the
higher domains of life. This evolutionary concept does not 'reduce' reality
either to non-living matter (as materialism), or assimilate it to a
nonmaterial mind (as idealism). Both are real but (unlike in dualism),
neither is the original element in reality. Matter as well as mind evolved
out of a common cosmic womb: the energy-field of the quantum vacuum. The
interaction of our mind and consciousness with the quantum vacuum links us
with other minds around us, as well as with the biosphere of the planet. It
'opens' our mind to society, nature, and the universe. This openness has
been known to mystics and sensitives, prophets and meta-physicians through
the ages. But it has been denied by modern scientists and by those who took
modern science to be the only way of comprehending reality. Now, however,
the recognition of openness is returning to the natural sciences. Traffic
between our consciousness and the rest of the world may be constant and
flowing in both directions. Everything that goes on in our mind could leave
its wave traces in the quantum vacuum, and everything could be received by
those who know how to 'tune in' to the subtle patterns that propagate
there. This assumption is borne out by the empirical findings of
psychiatrists such as Stanislav Grof. They confirm the insight of Vaclav
Havel: it is as if something like an antenna were picking up signals from a
transmitter that contains the experience of the entire human race.

Whitley Strieber interview at:  http://www.unknowncountry.com/media/