[Paleopsych] Re: Robust scientific dialog

Steve Hovland shovland at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 22 03:35:25 UTC 2005

Many of our founding fathers beliefs still have survival value.

Within many religions we find beliefs that I think have
little survival value, but which continue to have vast
influence because we tend to value beliefs more than
facts.

How many times have you seen someone reject a physical
fact because it conflicted with one of their beliefs about reality?

The God of someone who is deeply steeped in science is
much different from that of a typical Bible thumper.