[Paleopsych] new song

shovland at mindspring.com shovland at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 26 06:21:06 UTC 2005

good stuff michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Christopher <anonymous_animus at yahoo.com>
Sent: Jul 25, 2005 8:55 PM
To: paleopsych at paleopsych.org
Subject: [Paleopsych] new song

I wrote my first song lyrics in a long time, it's a
love letter to everyone involved in the "culture
wars":

Reprise

Encapsulated in our cars
immunized from the stars
we were so united at the start
how did we drift so far apart

a dubious distinction
to have it all undone
by our insecure insistence
on being number one

turn around and face the morning sun
listen to the messengers of dawn
put away your armor and your scripted litany
learn at last to love your enemy

the apple of your eye is poison to your soul
a good man in a bad crowd is a bird in a black hole
the venom that we swallowed is the virus of control
how could subdivision make us whole?

we hide behind these escalating masks of enmity
why is it so painful to agree?
we only see our neighbor down the barrel of a gun
we'll all go into the abyss as one

time plays a game with our hearts
an endless war of light and gravity
divide the tribes and polarize the family
and learn to stand the holy ground of unity

no one left to criticize
it's only us we demonize

turn around and face the morning sun
listen to the messengers of dawn
put away your armor and your scripted litany
learn at last to love your enemy

why are we so taken by the proud
appealing to the madness of the crowd
applauding when they show their snow white fleece
and crucify the ones who stand for peace

who will choose the ones who have no choice
who will stand for those who have no voice
why are we still on our knees, paralyzed with fear
the ones that we are waiting for are here

turn around and face the morning sun
listen to the messengers of dawn
put away your armor and your scripted litany
learn at last to love your enemy

Michael

Michael C. Lockhart
http://www.soulaquarium.net
Blog: http://shallowreflections.blogspot.com/
Yahoo Messenger:anonymous_animus

"The most dangerous things in the world are immense accumulations of  human beings who are manipulated by only a few heads." - Carl Jung

"We are stardust, we are golden, We are billion year old carbon,
And we've got to get ourselves back to the garden."
Joni Mitchell