[Paleopsych] free wills and quantum won'ts

HowlBloom at aol.com HowlBloom at aol.com
Wed Jun 1 02:42:51 UTC 2005

Sorry it took me so long to answer this.  I puzzled over it  considerably.
Free will is a matter of whether there are choices and  whether the choice we
make is determined entirely by prior causes...or is this  what the question of
free will is about?

The free-will debate is an intellectual ruckus over something worth
ruckusing about--the question of whether we respond to a conundrum by  making a
pre-programmed, robotic decision, a decision that the ultimate  mathematician or
mechanician could theoretically predict, right?  It's the  question of whether
our not we're kidding ourselves.  We're under the  impression  that we have
options and that the exertion of some sort of  thought, feeling, and  will really
does help us make up our mind, or  whether we simply pinball automatically
down just one predetermined path.   It's a question of what will is and if what
we think it is is all wrong.

Isn't it?  Howard

In a message dated 5/16/2005 8:28:09 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,