[Paleopsych] threat and signals of commitment

G. Reinhart-Waller waluk at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 2 20:56:10 UTC 2005

Alice,

>> Someone beyond the liberal/conservative
dichotomy may be rejected by both sides as a nuisance,
a threat to shared assumptions that define a group
against another.

This is absolutely amazing!  Why would any audience
reject someone who cannot plop into either the liberal
or conservative camp?  Please explain the threat you
feel is apparent.  This I need to hear!

Since Todd included this in his email (below) I assumed you were author of the first paragraph, especially since you were also posted on this.  If you weren't the speaker, any idea who was?
And....if you clearly understand what Todd has to say, then could you kindly enlighten me why he mentions "moderates" and their refusal to commit?

Regards,
Gerry