[bigbangtango] Re: [Paleopsych] Morality

G. Reinhart-Waller waluk at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 27 05:04:16 UTC 2005

Hi Vole,
I find your explanation of Lutherans fascinating, especially the
religious thugs.  This is the group I'm intimately familiar with.  Yep,
I might even compare them to the KKK....they're really scary and
clueless.
Too bad all the jokes from many of our finer folks have gone the way of
podunk.  Humor is something I was raised with as a child and something
now I never hear.  Tis a pity I must say.
I know lots of Russian jokes but as far as Communism ones, I can't seem
to  separate the two.  Hmmm,  could it be something that Breznev said?
Yes. Yes.  Maybe a tale about landing on the moon?
Both Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer were politically incorrect in the 1960s so
I'm not surprised you found an unwatered down version reading them in
German.  Americans hated the word Nigger et. al used by Huck and that
started the squabble.
Wow....your stream of consciousness is wonderful....so knowledgeable
about American Literature.  But I must confess......as an English major
the only Lit I avoided was Americn.  I found it too undisciplied and too
WILD for my tastes.  So be it.
Humor is a wonderful way to express inner feelings only my German inlaws
haven't seen the light.
Take care,
Gerry