[Paleopsych] Re: child's play

G. Reinhart-Waller waluk at earthlink.net
Wed May 4 23:04:17 UTC 2005

Firstly, please let me change the repetitive phrase "broad range of
activity" to the single word "play" so that the sentence in fact reads
".... early childhood development thinks all children need a broad range
of activity to experience playing roles as diverse as fighting and
fleeing."  Whether one is acting the role of trespasser or one who is
being trespassed against,  all roles in effect turn out to be play
through the eyes of William Shakespeare's "the world is a stage.....".
   Whether or not wrestling, backyard or in the ring, is considered
dangerous depends on what it is being compared to.  In my opinion
wrestling is less dangerous than boxing, soccer, or football but that's
my two cent's worth.  Could be that you have a different idea in mind.
This is why I continue saying that "truth lies in the eyes of the beholder".

Regards,
Gerry Reinhart-Waller