[Paleopsych] not smart enough

Michael Christopher anonymous_animus at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 01:12:16 UTC 2005

>>First, dedicated bright people who want to serve and
help, and second, dunces who want to get a degree but
aren't smart enough to finish anything but a education
degree. The low averages make me thing
that the second group is by far the largest.<<

--I'm suspicious of claims people "aren't smart
enough". More likely they are attempting to work
within a system that doesn't match their mode of
information processing. Kinesthetic modelers trying to
adapt to a lecture format, for example. They may well
want to serve, but have a problem adapting to the way
information is presented. Or, they may have emotional
problems that hold them back and make them more
compassionate toward students. There are many
possibilities, other than calling them "dunces".

One could assume from the above paragraph that the
author isn't smart ("a education degree") or one could
guess the writer was hurried, or has a processing
style that doesn't match the written format. I don't
like that we've become so quick to judge as a culture,
and so uninterested in why brains do what they do.