[Paleopsych] saving the world

Michael Christopher anonymous_animus at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 13 04:32:50 UTC 2005

Frank says to Howard:
>>Stop trying to save the world!<<

--When I was in my idealistic early 20's, a lot of
people told me not to try to save the world. So I
didn't try. Look what happened! ;)

I'm pretty sure a lot of young idealists were told the
same thing all through the 80's and 90's. Perhaps
instead of telling people not to try to save the
world, we should be having a discussion about what
tools might help the world save itself? I think that's
what you were telling Howard, in a way, but whenever
someone tells someone else not to try to save the
world, it makes me wonder if that meme is a healthy
one that encourages people to focus locally where they
can do more good, or a toxic one that discourages
people from doing what small part they could to make
the world better.