[Paleopsych] saving the world--Michael

HowlBloom at aol.com HowlBloom at aol.com
Sun Nov 13 06:01:58 UTC 2005

This is wonderful.  Truths and paradoxes are partners.   Howard

In a message dated 11/12/2005 11:33:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
anonymous_animus at yahoo.com writes:

Frank says to Howard:
>>Stop trying to save the  world!<<

--When I was in my idealistic early 20's, a lot  of
people told me not to try to save the world. So I
didn't try. Look  what happened! ;)

I'm pretty sure a lot of young idealists were told  the
same thing all through the 80's and 90's. Perhaps
instead of telling  people not to try to save the
world, we should be having a discussion about  what
tools might help the world save itself? I think that's
what you  were telling Howard, in a way, but whenever
someone tells someone else not  to try to save the
world, it makes me wonder if that meme is a  healthy
one that encourages people to focus locally where they
can do  more good, or a toxic one that discourages
people from doing what small  part they could to make
the world better.

Michael

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com
paleopsych  mailing  list
paleopsych at paleopsych.org

----------
Howard Bloom
Author of The Lucifer Principle: A  Scientific Expedition Into the Forces of
History and Global Brain: The Evolution  of Mass Mind From The Big Bang to the
21st Century
Recent Visiting  Scholar-Graduate Psychology Department, New York University;
Core Faculty  Member, The Graduate  Institute
www.howardbloom.net
www.bigbangtango.net
Founder:  International Paleopsychology Project; founding board member: Epic
of Evolution  Society; founding board member, The Darwin Project; founder: The
Big Bang Tango  Media Lab; member: New York Academy of Sciences, American
Association for the  Advancement of Science, American Psychological Society,
Academy of Political  Science, Human Behavior and Evolution Society, International
Society for Human  Ethology; advisory board member: Institute for
Accelerating Change ; executive  editor -- New Paradigm book series.
For information on The International  Paleopsychology Project, see:
www.paleopsych.org
for two chapters from
The Lucifer Principle: A Scientific Expedition Into the Forces of History,
see www.howardbloom.net/lucifer
For information on Global Brain: The  Evolution of Mass Mind from the Big
Bang to the 21st Century, see  www.howardbloom.net