[Paleopsych] sociopathy in business

Michael Christopher anonymous_animus at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 13 19:27:05 UTC 2005

Steve says:
>>Capitalism is clearly at a turning point, having
been largely taken over by greedy psychotics.  It's
time to give more status to the artists and magicians
in the corporate world.<<

--Not being involved in the corporate world, it's hard
for me to be sure, but I've met a lot of people who
say business culture has been rewarding Machiavellian
sociopaths rather than people with genuine talent
and/or integrity (a bit like Survivor-type reality
shows that promote people who play other people over
those who are good at competing honestly). If that's
true, at some point the system will hit a bump, all
the short term compromises and cracks in the
foundation will sync up and bring down groups that
promote the wrong people or wrong strategies
(corporate or otherwise... perhaps it's a cultural
problem, not a problem with capitalism as a system).
At that point, there should be an opening for groups
which recognize and promote real talent and integrity
to market themselves, and the pendulum will swing the
other way. Either that, or other nations will get the
right idea and overrule US dominance in the global
market. One way or another, a democratic and
consumer-driven culture will learn its lesson.
Hopefully in a way that good people can benefit from.