[Paleopsych] deregulation and culture rot

Michael Christopher anonymous_animus at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 20:09:02 UTC 2005

Steve says:
>>The whole process of deregulation has turned
the economy into a playground for white collar
criminals.  The decent people are still out
there, but corporations overall have become
a parasite on our society.<<

--I'm not sure if that's a product of deregulation,
rather I'm wondering if our entire culture, corporate
and non-corporate, has eroded to the point where guilt
is dismissed automatically and where criticism is
habitually deflected. I've seen that tendency in
people at various levels of the social hierarchy, and
it's by no means confined to corporate culture.
Deregulation may be a symptom, but I'm not sure it's
the cause. When responsibility is denied at all
levels, it will inevitably be more noticeable in
groups that have a great deal of power and influence,
but it might be a mistake to blame the powerful alone.