[extropy-chat] Guns

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 14:09:07 UTC 2003

--- Dirk Bruere <dirk at neopax.com> wrote:
> I doubt it.
> It's a religious issue that is a matter of faith.

Sorry, Dirk, but the numbers really do prove my side. Dr. John Lott's
study was of ALL FBI crime data from 1980 to 1995 and proves that
right-to-carry reduces crime. Antyi-gun studies always cherry pick
their data sets from communities that fit their prejudices. NONE have
ever looked at even a large fraction of the data that Lott's study
covered. Furthermore, a more recent study of the same data using more
advanced statistical methods demonstrated that the crime reduction was
greater than the 12% that Lott reported, more in the order of 25%.

Faith does not get proven by statistics, faith only exists in SPITE of
evidence to the contrary, so I am sorry, but it is the anti-gun stance
that lives by faith.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark