[extropy-chat] Transhumanism and non-gender roles

Wed Dec 3 06:05:57 UTC 2003

"Adrian Tymes" <wingcat at pacbell.net> wrote,
> Would not a good cure for that be to make or seek out
> new things?  An elder of the 80s would surely have
> found some novelty in the World Wide Web during the
> 90s (assuming said elder was willing to be exposed to
> it).

In 1985 I had networked Macintoshes which had a hypertext browser called
"HyperCard", that allowed hypertext links to bring up cards from remote
networked computers.  This predated Windows-95 by a decade.  This stuff
isn't new and wasn't adopted quickly.  It just didn't gain popularity until
much later.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,