[extropy-chat] Transhumanism and non-gender roles

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Wed Dec 3 03:13:43 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: <kevinfreels at hotmail.com>
To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 2:49 AM
Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Transhumanism and non-gender roles

> It's interesting to note here how quickly new innovations make their way
> into mainstream society and become the norm. A Cell phone that takes
> pictures and sends them to someone else without wires and all fits in the
> palm of your hand, $100. A PC that fits in your pocket, $500. Doing all my
> Christmas shopping without ever having to leave my home? Priceless.

Tedious and predictable, but useful.
Now show me some technology that is neither, and that enables me to do
something I have never before done (that is worth doing).
Back in 1977 I wrote a document on an idea I had, a 'digital book'. The idea
was shelved by GEC management (as usually happens in Britain), but a couple
of years ago I actually worked on the Cytale ebook in Paris. I can't say it
was a 'new' experience from an engineering POV. Paris far outranked it.

Dirk

The Consensus:-
The political party for the new millennium
http://www.theconsensus.org