[extropy-chat] The Trouble With Democracy

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Fri Dec 5 12:15:42 UTC 2003

I thought this might be relevant to the recent discussion of democracy
on this list.

Dan

'Demokratie. Der Gott, Der Keiner Ist'
by Hans-Hermann Hoppe

Translation of the preface to the just-published German edition
[Leipzig: Manuscriptum] of Democracy. The God That Failed.

****

It gives me great satisfaction and confidence to see my most recent book
published in Germany.

That is not quite as obvious as it may appear, for Germany is not a free
country. Not even freedom of speech exists in Germany. Here, whoever
publicly contradicts certain governmentally approved pronouncements will
be jailed, and whoever expresses "politically incorrect" ideas will be
neutralized and silenced.

For the rest of this story, see
http://www.lewrockwell.com/hoppe/hoppe9.html