[extropy-chat] The Trouble With Democracy

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 15:34:37 UTC 2003

--- Technotranscendence <neptune at superlink.net> wrote:

> 'Demokratie. Der Gott, Der Keiner Ist'
> by Hans-Hermann Hoppe
>
> Translation of the preface to the just-published German edition
> [Leipzig: Manuscriptum] of Democracy. The God That Failed.

"and the American mistreatment of German prisoners of war,"

I cannot speak for all POW camps here in the US, but can speak of one,
located in Stark, NH, an area with terrain very similar to southern
Germany. Prisoners spent the war logging, and were able to get to know
local residents well, so much so that after the war there were several
marriages between former prisoners and local girls. Former prisoners
still travel to NH from Germany to visit and have reunions, and a few
have immigrated to live in this area. I know of no similar experiences
by Americans held prisoner by Germans.

I also know that prisoners travelling by train were greeted at
trainstops across the US with lunches and refreshments made by locals,
while Americans held prisoner were starved as cattle by their German
captors, and only treated decently when the Red Cross showed up.

If all of Hans-Herman's writing is as inaccurate as this, then it is no
wonder that those who know the truth have little tolerance for him. He
is nothing but a neo-nazi revisionist, IMHO.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey