[extropy-chat] The Trouble With Democracy

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 17:35:40 UTC 2003

--- Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If all of Hans-Herman's writing is as inaccurate as this, then it is
> no wonder that those who know the truth have little tolerance for
him.
> He is nothing but a neo-nazi revisionist, IMHO.

I need to revise this. ;)

Reading a bit more into Hoppes writing, I see that he is espousing
views in a manner that I see all too often amongst my libertarian
colleagues these days: a willingness to adopt historical disinformation
and propaganda produced by radical left and right groups as fact simply
to discard what is seen as the accepted version of history, without any
application of criticism and cross examination of these unorthodox and
in many cases clearly disprovable claims.

Just because history as written by the center may be inaccurate or
self-serving to the powers that be does not mean that claims by
holocaust deniers or neo-nazi sympathyzers, or former ACP members or
Maoists are any more accurate.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark