[extropy-chat] same story, different spins

Alfio Puglisi puglisi at arcetri.astro.it
Sun Dec 7 19:12:46 UTC 2003

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Mike Lorrey wrote:

>> coalition action in Afghanistan, it depends on which
>> news sources one reads.  Both sources are necessary
>> to even start to understand.
>
>Well, I wouldnt' say Fox has tried and convicted the Taliban. Their
>article clearly states that the Taliban has *claimed* responsibility,
>and is only making excuses about why they wound up killing only fellow
>afghans. The CNN simply didn't publish any claims of responsibility by
>parties like the Taliban.

BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/3296307.stm) and other
news sources says that no one has claimed responsibility, but that Taliban
were accused.

It shouldn't be so hard to find out *if* someone has really claimed
responsibilit or not. At least some of the news sources are lying, and it
doesn't help in the least.

Ciao,
Alfio